Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Doce días de mis Krismas - Day 7

the Spanglich version
Posted each day beginning Dec. 15th

(Esa's voice in red; Ese's voice in black)

On the 7th día 'til mis Krismas
My true love gave to me,

7 bods a-lying ...


"You didn't tell me your cuña'os were coming over for Krismas."

"I forgot."
"You forgot seven extra mouths to feed? I gotta make an extra pot of everything just for them!"
"Ah, but everything you make is so sabroso, mi amante."
"What we'll need is loaves and fishes, sabroso or not. And they're probably gonna wanna stay over the week, too. Where we gonna put 'em? Oh, I know. There's probably enuf room in Rinócero, your new Krismas tree."
"I thought you liked the tree?"
"I'll put up with Rinócero, but do I like it? Yo creo que no."
"Do you have to call it that?"
"Rinócero, Rinócero, Rinócero."
"That's not even the proper term for rhinoceros."
"I guess I'm not feeling very proper…. So, where are they gonna sleep?"
"How 'bout my new workshed?"
"The one that doesn't have any lights or heat? What're they gonna use at night, the chimenea?"
"That's not a bad idea. ... On second thought, chale, it wouldn't work. They'd just come in smellin' like a campfire."
"That'd be an improvement for your sobrino Pepito, the reborn hippie."
"He's just going thru a stage."
"Es cierto--the stage of a ripe 21."
"I never complain about your cuña'os."
"That's 'cause they bathe."
"There's an idea! Why don't we have them put 'em up?"
"Cuña'os with the cuña'os? Huh... Cariño, now you're using your cabeza."
"Exactly why you married me, que no, Esa?"

(Continued on Day 6.)
© Rudy Ch. Garcia

No comments: