Tuesday, August 30, 2005

WHEN CAN I RETIRE?

Well, we flew back to L.A. in what shouldn't have been a red-eye out of Kaua'i, but due to plane problemas, we landed in LAX at around 2:00 a.m. this morning. Here's a photo of my wife, son and yours truly (flanked by the usual suspects) during one of our many wonderful feasts. La Bloga looks like it had a fine week with great posts from everyone including our new member, Gina. Thank you Michael for posting my pre-packaged offerings. I read a lot while away but did no writing whatsoever which was refreshing...gotta let those batteries recharge (I have some good ideas for short stories, though). I also see that the L.A. Times chose a new book editor while I was away: David Ulin. Excellent choice; he plans to review more fiction which is a good thing. Anyway, glad to be back, sort of! And more on those loco Kaua'i roosters next Monday. -- Daniel

No comments: